ALL ABOUT ... - Recruitment
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person to join our team at the Playground to play with users, enabling them to participate fully in a wide variety of activities and play experiences, ensuring their welfare and assisting,
as appropriate, with their personal care.
The applicant should be confident, caring, and enjoy working with people. Ideally they should have experience with children and adults with special needs, but not essential.
To work Saturdays and school holidays.
The staff rota prepared by the Playground Manager will determine your day-to-day responsibilities, which will include:
- Supporting and encouraging our users in their play, ensuring proper use and care of equipment and resources.
Ensuring the welfare of Playground users, assisting, as appropriate, with their personal care.
The preparation and running of imaginative and meaningful play activities which meet the needs of our users.
- Evaluating practice and ensuring that activities and resources are directed appropriately.
- Participation in staff meetings, providing positive input into the planning, co-ordination and evaluation of the day-to-day activities of the Adventure Playground.
- Working within all current Health & Safety legislation and guidelines, Playground risk assessments and operating policy, complying with all registration and legal requirements and local agreements.
- Undertaking and participating in relevant training, and assisting with in-house training where appropriate.
- Promoting best practice in all areas of operation.
- Making recommendations to the Playground Manager for improvements to the service and assisting in the implementation and delivery as requested.
- Undertaking such reasonable tasks or duties as directed by senior staff and/or the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities for the care of the site/equipment, preparation and running of activities and care of the children will be shared throughout the staff team.
This post is exempt from Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975, and will only be offered following successful references and an enhanced DBS check.